6U 5-slot MPMC-9H5x
The MPMC-9H5x mission computer provides the highest functional density available in a small package. As a natural convection cooled system, the MPMC-9H5x mission computer is designed for reliable operation in harsh environments without the need for base plate of forced air cooling.
Incorporating mixed backplane technology (VME, 3U VPX, and 6U VPX) and form factors in a single system will allow integrators to optimize the required solution. The mixed backplane technology also opens up the range of possibilities of mixing existing card technologies with protection for future expansion.
Packaged in a compact ½ ATR form factor and equipped with reliable PowerPC processing, the MPMC-9H5x has all the elements required of modern mission computers in space constrained applications. The MPMC-9H5x mission computer includes Gb Ethernet, EIA-232, and MIL-STD-1553B interfaces as standard features.
The MPMC-9H5x mission computer is designed to meet the harsh environments of many military and aerospace computing applications. Optimal system cooling is ensured via thermal transfer between card edges of its conduction cooled VME and VPX cards and the side walls of the system enclosure. EMI filters and gaskets are employed for system security and increased reliability. The MPMC-9H5x is qualified to MIL-STD-810F standards for shock, crash safety, vibration, temperature, altitude, and explosion proofness.
If you need customization of this system to your program requirements, click here to learn more about our system integration and program management services.
You May Also Be Interested in These Documents
- MPMC Application Ready COTS Systems family datasheet
- White Paper: Thinking Outside of the Box - Optimizing System Design with Embedded Expertise
- White Paper: The Cure for the System Test & Qualification Headache: Pre-Qualified Systems Slash Design Risk, Lower Costs, and Speed Deployment
- White Paper: Eliminating Design Risk from the System Integration Equation
- System Integration Capabilities datasheet
- Product & Capabilities Guide
- Electronic Systems Brochure
- Form factor: 1/2 ATR with hybrid backplane (1x VME, 2x 6U VPX, and 2x 3U VPX)
- Natural convection cooling
- Volume optimized size: 14.2" x 9.0" x 9.1"
- Freescale Power Architecture MPMC8610 processor
- 28V DC MIL-STD-704 compliant power supply