CHAMP-AV5 6U VME
The CHAMP-AV5 multi-processing digital signal processor board combines the floating-point performance of the Intel Core i7 processor with the VME64x form factor. Using dual 2.53 GHz dual-core Core i7 processors, the CHAMP-AV5 VME DSP card delivers performance up to 81 GFLOPS. With a 17GB/s DDR3 memory subsystem directly connected to the processor, the Core i7 processor maximizes the throughput of its SSE 4.2 vector processing units. Using large cache, the Core i7 processes large vectors at rates significantly greater than previous AltiVec-based systems. The CHAMP-AV5 data and signal processor is pin-compatible with the CHAMP-AV4 VME MPC7447/7448-based DSP card enabling performance upgrades without changing the chassis, backplane, or power supplies of existing qualified systems.
The CHAMP-AV5 signal processing engine uses two 2.53GHz dual-core Core i7 processors connected through a 32-lane, 8-port PCI Express Gen 2 switch. This PCIe switch was designed to support multiprocessor designs with features including dual Direct Memory Access (DMA) functions, multiple clock domain isolation, and eight non-transparent bridging (NTB) functions to enable root complex isolation, failover support, and inter-processor communication between PCIe domains.
The CHAMP-AV5 VME processor card features a high-bandwidth PCI Express architecture, with on-board PCIe connections between the processors and the PMC/XMC sites. With 8GB of flash and 4GB of SDRAM, the CHAMP-AV5 is designed for applications with demanding storage, data logging and sensor processing requirements.
CHAMP-AV5 6U VME DSP – Now with RACE++ Support
The Intel Core i7-based CHAMP-AV5 Digital Signal Processor VME engine supports RACE++ fabric communications using the Eclipse MEM1600 RACE++ XMC mezzanine modules. The CHAMP-AV5 enables upgrading of legacy systems designed with older processor technology without replacing the existing backplanes and enclosures. System designers can now significantly improve the performance of older systems quickly and cost-effectively.
The CHAMP-AV5's extensive suite of software support includes Wind River VxWorks and Linux. Additional software support includes Inter-processor communications (IPC) and Curtiss-Wright Controls’ Continuum Vector SSE-optimized signal processing library.
You May Also Be Interested in These Documents
- Continuum Vector Signal Processing datasheet
- White Paper: Intel x86-Based Digital Signal Processing
- White Paper: Understanding Power Management of Intel Processors for Mil/Aero Applications
- White Paper: Addressing the Challenges of Lead-free Technology in Mil-Aero Electronics
- Short Form Product Catalog
- Two Intel dual-core 1st generation Core i7 processors at up to 2.53GHz
- 2 Gbytes DDR3 SDRAM with ECC per processor
- 8GB NAND Flash on SATA per processor
- 256 Kbytes NVRAM
- Secure write-protection/declassify on all non-volatile memory
- PCI Express local fabric with 2GB/s bi-directional inter-processor bandwidth
- Four channel PCIe DMA controller to off-load CPUs
- Gigabit Ethernet (1000BASE-T) per processor
- Two mezzanine sites
- One XMC/PMC (PCIe x4, 133MHz PCI-X)
- One XMC (PCIe x8)
- Four EIA-232/422/485 serial ports
- Three USB 2.0 interfaces
- One external SATA port
- Eight LVTTL I/O signals with interrupt
- Power consumption & temperature sensors
- VME64x, 2eVME, and 2eSST protocols
- VxWorks® BSP supporting SMP
- Wind River Linux
- Continuum Vector SSE optimized DSP function library