VPX6-1957 6U VPX Intel Core i7 Ivy Bridge SBC
The VPX6-1957 rugged, high performance 6U OpenVPX Single Board Computer (SBC) is based on the Intel® 3rd Generation Core™ i7 (Ivy Bridge) processor. The VPX6-1957 6U OpenVPX SBC was designed for harsh-environment aerospace and defense applications. Each of the VPX6-1957 four cores delivers 2.1 GHz of performance, providing advanced Intel Architecture processing on the increasingly popular 6U OpenVPX form factor.
With a rich complement of on-board I/O, PCI Express (PCIe) Gen2, Serial RapidIO (SRIO) Gen2, Quad Gigabit Ethernet, Dual 10 Gigabit Ethernet and XMC expansion, the VPX6-1957 satisfies the most demanding fielded applications for unmanned aerial and ground vehicles, tactical aircraft, armored vehicles and rugged naval systems.
Available in a full range of air- and conduction-cooled configurations (including Air Flow Through), the rugged VPX6-1957 VPX SBC combines the significantly improved floating-point performance of the Intel Core i7 processor with the substantial bandwidth and system-enabling features of the 6U OpenVPX form factor. The board's quad-core processor features the Intel Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX) floating-point instructions, and delivers unmatched performance. The VPX6-1957 Intel SBC is available with up to 16 GB of high bandwidth DDR3 SDRAM (1333 MHz) and comes with a rich complement of high-speed I/O, including dual Gigabit Ethernet, dual 10 GbE, Gen2 PCIe, Gen2 SRIO, four USB 2.0 ports, one XMC/PMC site, and one XMC site, each supported with eight lanes of Gen2 PCIe. The board's integral high-speed Gigabit Ethernet, PCIe fabric and XMC/PMC mezzanine module connectivity enables high bandwidth data flows. Data can also flow from the VPX backplane to the XMC site to support demanding high bandwidth applications such as video acquisition, processing and distribution, and radar and sonar. The VPX6-1957 features high bandwidth fabric to the backplane via Gen2 PCIe or Gen2 SRIO to the expansion and data plane connectors. This fabric provides high bandwidth connectivity between the VPX6-1957 and additional boards in a computing environment.
The VPX6-1957 OpenVPX Intel SBC is supported by a suite of firmware, RTOS board support packages (BSP), communication libraries and signal processing libraries. The Continuum Software Architecture is Curtiss-Wright’s suite of firmware and BSP APIs that is common to SBCs (VME, cPCI and VPX) and multiprocessor boards.
- REQUEST A QUOTE
- VPX6-1957 6U VPX Intel Core i7 SBC Data Sheet
- VPX6-1957 6U VPX Intel Core i7 SBC Fact Sheet
- Intel SBC family fact sheet
You May Also Be Interested in These Documents
- White Paper: Massive SSD Storage on Intel Single Board Computers
- White Paper: Understanding Intel Processor Throttling for Defense Applications
- Application Note: Hosting User Interfaces with COTS Products - Embedded Graphics on Intel-based Single Board Computers
- 6U GPGPU Quick Start Kit fact sheet
- Application Note: I/O Expansion for COTS-based Embedded Systems
- Application Note: Options for Adding Ethernet Ports to Embedded Systems
- HPEC MPI/OFED Software Platform datasheet
- SoftMap - Digital Mapping & Situational Awareness Visualization System Ready Application Factsheet
- White Paper: Understanding HPEC Computing - The Ten Axioms
- IData Human Machine Interface (HMI) SRA Factsheet
- White Paper: A Comparison of OpenVPX System Bandwidth Between Serial RapidIO and 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- White Paper: Addressing the Challenges of Lead-free Technology in Mil-Aero Electronics
- 03/27/14 - Curtiss-Wright Selected for Recent Successful Project Missouri Flight Test Demonstration
- COTS Boards Brochure
- White Paper: Introduction to Hypervisor Technology (Part 1)
- 6U VPX™ form factor
- Intel® 3rd Generation Core™ i7 Quad-Core 22nm processor, Ivy Bridge
- 2.1 GHz
- Quad-Core CPU
- 6 MB L3 cache
- Intel AVX Floating Point
- Up to 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
- 16-32 GB NAND flash drive
- Trusted COTS ready
- Intel VT-d & TxT support
- Two XMC/PMC sites
- Intel Graphics: (2) DVI
- Additional I/O:
- (2) Gigabit Ethernet (Dual SERDES option available)
- (1) AC97 Audio port
- (2) RS-232
- (2) RS-422
- (8) GPIO
- (5) USB
- (4) SATA
- Backplane fabric:
- (4) 4x SRIO
- (1) 16x PCIe2 or (2) 8x PCIe2
- TPM Support (optional)
- Ruggedized air-cooled, conduction-cooled, and Air Flow Through (AFT) cooling
- Windows® WES7, Linux®, VxWorks™
The CHAMP-AV8 6U OpenVPX digital signal processor (DSP) combines the floating-point performance of the latest 3rd generation Intel Core processors with the substantial bandwidth and system-enabling...
The CHAMP-AV9 combines the floating point performance of the latest Intel Core i7 processors, with the substantial bandwidth and system-enabling features of the 6U OpenVPX form-factor. Providing a...
The Curtiss-Wright MPMC-9655 6U 5-slot embedded subsystem is fully qualified and ready to handle multiple applications in harsh environments. It meets the needs of a wide range of deployable...
The VPX6-1958 from Curtiss-Wright Defense Solutions is a rugged, high performance 6U OpenVPX™ Single Board Computer (SBC) that combines Intel’s powerful Core i7 processor with the power and...
The VPX6-490 GP-GPU Application Accelerator provides two NVIDIA Fermi architecture GPU devices on a 6U VPX board. Based on industry-standard MXM modules, the VPX6-490 is fitted with a pair...
The VPX6-6902 is a combined management, control and dataplane switch for small, mid-size and large 6U VPX systems. Supporting a centralized switch architecture in both star and dual-star...
The XMC-FPGA05D high density I/O PMC/XMC module controlled by a user programmable Xilinx Virtex-5 FPGA and supported by a range of front panel I/O modules including analog I/O, RS-485/422, LVDS and...
Contact our sales team today to learn more about our products and services.
Our support team can help answer your questions - contact us today.