The rapid pace of technological innovation combined with customer demands for the latest technologies within shorter development times and limited budgets create major challenges for system designers and integrators. Curtiss-Wright has an extensive catalog of military COTS products and systems. If our off-the-shelf products do not satisfy your program requirements, we offer a Modified COTS (MCOTS) service to provide you with the solution you need. Curtiss-Wright has over 25 years of experience in military technology and system designs, and is the single largest defense COTS module and subsystem supplier.
- Leverage Market Leading Experience and Expertise
- Choose MCOTS Capabilities
- Partner with Curtiss-Wright’s MCOTS Team
With an extensive library of market leading COTS intellectual property, a multi-million dollar development and test infrastructure, and an experienced world class engineering team, Curtiss-Wright MCOTS services offer unmatched design and development expertise for tailored rugged computing systems. By combining its market leading experience and expertise with its strong embedded industry partnerships, the MCOTS team makes it easier for you to design and develop efficient, high performance, state-of-the-art rugged military electronics. Our systems are qualified to the most stringent environmental and performance requirements, providing you with advanced technology solutions that are reliable and rugged.
We offer a complete selection of services that make it easier for you to take your project over the finish line in less time and under budget:
- In-depth requirements capture, definition and specification generation
- Proven, detailed design processes, including critical design reviews, developed and enhanced through decades of experience
- Award winning defense and aerospace program management expertise
- In-depth and thorough mechanical engineering, thermal analysis and ruggedization design
- Extensive FPGA, graphics and communications development experience
- Comprehensive board support package (BSP) development and porting
- Optimal software driver integration
- Experienced safety/security certification and artifact generation such as DO-178B/DO-254
- The best COTS longevity of supply, obsolescence management and counterfeit prevention services available
- Effective long term product re-engineering and cost reduction strategies
- Highly flexible development and manufacturing business models
Partnering with Curtiss-Wright’s MCOTS team for your custom design will provide you with the following benefits:
- Save approximately 40% to 60% on project costs by leveraging our IP investment and development infrastructures
- Draw on our experience and insights into how to build rugged boards and systems.
- Capitalize on our extensive inventory of hardware and software IP building blocks developed through decades of defense and aerospace projects.
- Leverage the expertise of our major strategic partners' road maps and their technology directions that will give you the inside trackon the best approach for your project.
- Tap into our longevity of supply and technical support services, which are specifically designed for defense and aerospace program support.
- At the systems level, our pre-qualified systems save you the headache of extensive and costly qualification testing and verification
- Benefit from our quality project management and delivery processes, which have been field proven with hundreds of customers.
- Save months of development time by leveraging our experienced developers who have the insights and knowledge to help you cross the finish line sooner. That's the MCOTS approach.
- Start application development right away using Curtiss-Wright's COTS products. You focus on your application, while we focus on the COTS hardware and software.