XMC-715 Graphics Controller XMC
The XMC-715 high performance graphics controller XMC supports dual independent graphics outputs with a low level of complexity providing a high level of reliability. The XMC-715 XMC Graphics Controller is designed for rugged deployed military and aerospace graphics sub-systems where high-performance, low power, high reliability and small form factor are key requirements. Based on the industry standard ANSI-VITA 42.3- XMC PCIe Protocol Layer Standard, the XMC-715 XMC Graphics Controller can be integrated with most host cards with a compliant XMC interface.
The XMC-715 Graphics XMC utilizes the AMD Radeon E4690 Graphics Processor Unit (GPU) to deliver dual independent channels of high performance 2D/3D graphics. Designed to meet the thermal requirements of rugged embedded systems, the XMC-715 Graphics XMC maintains a high level of performance per watt while maintaining full L200 compliance at the host Single Board Computer. The XMC-715 is available in both air-cooled (AC) and conduction-cooled (CC) variants.
For applications using Windows or Linux on an Intel platform, XMC-715 driver support is available through AMD with its Catalyst graphics driver for the Radeon E4690. Since the XMC-715 XMC Graphics Controller operates like a commercial Radeon E4690 plug-in card, the AMD Catalyst driver will operate seamlessly. AMD provides software support for Windows XP, Windows XP Embedded, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Linux (x86), Windows DirectX 10.1 and Windows OpenGL 3.3.
For Real Time Operating System (RTOS) and Power Architecture driver support, Curtiss-Wright resells the Core Avionics and Industrial (CoreAVI) Radeon E4690 driver that supports: Wind River VxWorks, Wind River VxWorks 653, Green Hills Software Integrity, Green Hills Software Integrity-178, DDCI DEOS among others.
You May Also Be Interested in These Documents
- 11/14/12 - Curtiss-Wright Controls Announces New High Performance Rugged Dual-Channel XMC Graphics Controller
- 08/19/13 - Curtiss-Wright Controls Significantly Lowers the Cost of Rugged Graphics Hardware and Drivers
- 03/22/13 - Curtiss-Wright Controls and CoreAVI Announce Partnership
- Application Note: I/O Expansion for COTS-based Embedded Systems
- Product & Capabilities Guide
- AMD E4690 GPU with x8 PCI Express (PCIe) 2.0 interface
- 512 MB dedicated video SDRAM (128-bit DDR3)
Dual independent video output channels:
- Non-interlaced RGB HV (up to two channels)
- Single-link DVI (up to two channels)
- Dual-link DVI
- OpenGL 1.3, OpenGL ES 2.0, OpenGL SC 1.0, EGL 1.4
- Power Architecture and Intel SBCs
- VxWorks, VxWorks-653, Integrity, Integrity-178B, others
AMD Catalyst drivers:
- OpenGL 3.3, DirectX 10.1, AMD Stream Computing, Unified Video Decoder (H.264, VC-1, MPEG2)
- Intel SBCs
- Windows 7, Windows XP, Linux
- Low complexity, high reliability
- Exceptional power performance per watt
- Safety Certifiable drivers (up to DO-178C level A)
- Safety Certifiable kit for the E4690 GPU
- Available in air and conduction-cooled ruggedization levels
- Supported on Power Architecture and Intel Single Board Computers
- Lead Free