DBH-670 Digital BeachheadTM
Ethernet Switch and Vehicle Management Computer
The Digital Beachhead™ combines an Ethernet switch with a powerful Vehicle Management Computer to provide essential network services to ground vehicles.
Housed in a small and lightweight rugged chassis, the Digital Beachhead provides 16 ports of tri-speed 10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet with a variety of flexible network switching features such as VLANs, multicast, and Quality of Service.
The Digital Beachhead also features a multi-core ARM based Vetronics computer, with flexible interfaces to monitor and control essential vehicle systems. A large number of vetronics interfaces combined with a powerful software framework simplifies the integration of Digital Beachhead into new and legacy vehicles.
Digital Beachhead is available with pre-integrated VICTORY software, providing VICTORY Data Bus and Platform services, including Management, Access Control, Data Protection, and network distribution of GPS/IMU data such as time, position, orientation, heading, speed, etc. An optional internal GPS receiver provides additional SWaP savings.
The Digital Beachhead truly simplifies the network modernization of today’s combat vehicles.
Watch the Digital Beachhead Press Conference Video.
- Digital Beachhead Network Switch & Vehicle Management Computer datasheet
- Digital Beachhead Network Switch Datasheet
- Digital Beachhead Network Switch & Vehicle Management Computer factsheet
You May Also Be Interested in These Documents
- 09/20/12 - Curtiss-Wright New Digital Beachhead brings Digital Networking, VICTORY Services, CBM+/HUMS and Vehicle Management to the Full Range of Army Ground Vehicles
- Application Note: Benefits and Implementation of Network Multicast in Embedded Computing Architectures
- White Paper: Embedded Ethernet - Physical Layer Standards
- Electronic Systems Brochure
- Product & Capabilities Guide
16-port Gigabit Ethernet Switch
- Non-blocking architecture supports tri-speed operation (10/100/1000Mbps) with auto-negotiation and auto-MDIX
- Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) with built-in status LEDs and cable diagnostics
- Feature-rich networking support includes IPv4/v6, VLANs, IGMP multicast, QoS, MSTP/RSTP, link aggregation, port mirroring, jumbo frames
- Powerful in-band (HTTP/Telnet/SNMP) and out-of-band (RS-232) switch configuration and management
- Hardware support for IEEE-1588 Precision Time Protocol with nanoseconds timing synchronization
Vehicle Management Computer with Flexible Vetronics Interfaces
- Vehicle Management Framework (VMF) provides a software interface for rules-based vehicle management and control, with interfaces to CBM+/HUMS and VICTORY
- Vehicle interfaces include multiple CANbus ports, audio and video (camera) interfaces, and analog/digital IO interfaces
- Local display (VGA/DVI) and remote monitoring via web/HTTP services
VICTORY Architecture Compliance
- Support for VICTORY Data Bus and Platform Services, including centralized distribution of time, position, speed, heading, and orientation
- External GPS (DAGR compatible) and Inertial Navigation interfaces
- Optional internal GPS receiver (GB-GRAM or Polaris Link) saves valuable vehicle space
- Can chain one GPS to multiple DBH units
- Interfaces support 1 PPS input for time accuracy
- VICTORY and GVA compliant MIL-STD-38999 pinouts
Designed for Rugged Military Applications and Environments
- Small footprint: 10.5” x 7.5” x 3.0”
- Low weight: 6.5 lb
- Wide operational temperature: -40°C to +71°C natural convection design also supports cold-plate to +85°C
- 28V DC power compliant to MIL-STD-1275D with optional Nuclear Event Detector (NED)
- Designed to meet MIL-STD-810 and MIL-STD-461