VME-186 Freescale QorIQ P4040/4080 SBC
The VME-186 VME Single Board Computer is based on Freescale's high-performance Power Architecture QorIQ™ P4080 SOC multi-core processor. With up to eight Power Architecture™ Cores running up to 1.5 GHz, and up to 4 GB of high-bandwidth DDR3 SDRAM, the VME-186 Power Architecture Single Board Computer (SBC) provides high-performance processing and a variety I/O interfaces to satisfy the most demanding requirements of embedded computing. The VME-186 VME SBC’s I/O interfaces include EIA-232, EIA-422/485 serial, USB, Gigabit Ethernet, MIL-STD-1553, SATA, TTL and differential & discrete I/O. The VME-186 Power Architecture Single Board Computer includes two mezzanine sites capable of supporting an IEEE 1386 PMC or VITA 42.3 XMC module with 64-bits of Pn4 I/O backplane connectors, as per VITA 35.
Available in a full range of environmental build grades, the VME-186 VME Single Board Computer is designed to meet the challenging data processing and control requirements for embedded systems in tactical aircraft, armored vehicles and harsh environment naval systems. To cost-effectively address a diverse range of military/ aerospace applications, the VME-186 Single Board Computer is available in a range of ruggedization levels, both air- and conduction-cooled. All versions are functionally identical, with air-cooled versions (SVME) available in Curtiss-Wright ruggedization Levels 0 and 100, and conduction-cooled versions (DMV) in Levels 100 and 200.
With pinout compatibility with previous generations of Curtiss-Wright SBCs, the VME-186 VME Single Board Computer makes it easy to upgrade to the next generation of processors. The VME-186 Single Board Computer also supports the life-cycle model of successive technology insertions throughout a platform’s lifetime.
The VME-186 SBC is supported by a wealth of software including Curtiss-Wright's standard U-Boot, Wind River VxWorks and Wind River Linux Board Support Package (BSP) and Driver Suites supporting both AMP and SMP operating modes. An INTEGRITY BSP is available from Green Hills Software.
You May Also Be Interested in These Documents
- White Paper: Embedded High Assurance Computing Using the Freescale™ Trust Architecture
- White Paper: VME Single Board Computer Upgrade Guide
- White Paper: Trusted Architecture - Data Protection with the QorIQ Platform Trust Architecture
- 03/28/13 - Curtiss-Wright Controls Awarded Contract for Rugged Single Board Computers for next gen radar system
- SoftMap - Digital Mapping & Situational Awareness Visualization System Ready Application Factsheet
- IData Human Machine Interface (HMI) SRA Factsheet
- Product & Capabilities Guide
- Product & Capabilities Guide A4 size
- Powerful general-purpose single board computer with Freescale P4040/4080 Power Architecture processor
Freescale QorIQ™ P4080 Communications Processor with eight Power Architecture™ processor cores, high-performance datapath acceleration logic, network and peripheral bus interfaces required for mil/aerospace applications
- 8 E500MC cores at up to 1.5GHz
- 4 or 8 E500MC Cores running up to 1.5Ghz
- Up to 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM with ECC controlled by dual 64-bit controllers
- Full complement of I/O capability (Gigabit Ethernet, SCSI, serial (RS232/422/485 async/sync), USB 2.0, 1553, Serial ATA, TTL and differential discretes...,) including front panel Gigabit Ethernet connection
- Two 64-bit PMCs on independent PCI buses
- Two x8 PCIe XMC sites
- 2eSST-capable VME interface
- 8GB of solder NAND flash for integrated mass storage capability
- Curtiss-Wright U-Boot firmware providing a comprehensive suite of system debug, exerciser, and update functions, BIT, and non-volatile memory sanitization function
- CWCDS Wind River VxWorks 6.x SMP
- CWCDS Wind River Linux 4.x
- INTEGRITY available from GreenHills Software
- Designed for embedded harsh-environment applications, both air- and conduction-cooled
- Latest VME version of Curtiss-Wright's backwards compatible 17x and 18x series of VME single board computers