VPX6-6802 Ethernet/InfiniBand Switch
The VPX6-6802 is a combined Data Plane and Control Plane high-performance switch for small, mid-size and large 6U VPX systems. As part of the Curtiss-Wright Fabric40™ family of high-speed VPX modules, the VPX6-6802 6U OpenVPX Ethernet & InfiniBand Switch provides centralized switching functionality for HPEC systems and supports both Ethernet and InfiniBand protocols on the Data Plane. The VPX6-6802 6U OpenVPX Ethernet & InfiniBand Switch supports full bandwidth, low latency Data Plane interconnects, eliminating the board-to-board data bottlenecks of previous generation systems. The VPX6-6802 Switch also includes an independent Control Plane Ethernet fabric, providing for 1G and 10G Control Plane interconnects. All this in a single VPX switch slot (16U20F and 20U19F switch slot profiles supported).
The VPX6-6802 Data Plane fabric supports both Ethernet and InfiniBand protocols. Multiple port speeds are supported, including 10G, 20G and 40Gbps. Up to 20 ports connect to the backplane, with an additional 10/20/40G fabric port and a 1000Base-T Ethernet port available on the front panel (AC only).
The VPX6-6802 6U OpenVPX Ethernet & InfiniBand Switch also supports an independent Control Plane fabric with Gigabit Ethernet links, with up to 22 ports to the backplane, and an additional 1000Base-T port to the front panel. Two 10 GbE (XAUI) ports are also provide on the front panel for switch expansion or control plane backbone connections. A full line-rate non-blocking architecture, combined with a managed Layer-2 Control Plane feature set, ensures maximum performance and flexibility.
You May Also Be Interested in These Documents
- White Paper: Fabric40 - An Introduction
- HPEC Development System fact sheet
- HPEC MPI/OFED Software Platform datasheet
- 09/30/13 - Curtiss-Wright’s New Fabric40™ Switch Card is First to Bring 40 Gbps Ethernet and InfiniBand® Centralized Switching to HPEC and ISR Systems
- Product & Capabilities Guide
- Product & Capabilities Guide A4 size
6U OpenVPX™ Fabric40™ Centralized Switch for Data Plane and Control Plane Connectivity
- Supports 16U20F and 20U19F OpenVPX profiles
- Enables easy implementation of scalable high-performance centralized DSP clusters for small, medium and large systems
- Supports dual independent Data Plane and Control Plane fabrics conforming to virtually all popular OpenVPX central switch slot profiles
Data Plane fabric supports both Ethernet and InfiniBand protocols with speeds up to 40G.
- Supports per-port speeds of 10G, 20G and 40G for 4-lane Fat-Pipe ports.
- Also supports single lane ports up to 10G
- 19 or 20 Data Plane ports to the VPX backplane + 2 additional ports and one 1000Base-T Ethernet port to the front panel (AC only)
- Control Plane Ethernet fabric provides 16 or 20 1000Base-X (SerDes) and 2x 1000Base-T Gigabit ports to the back + 2x 10GbE XAUI and one 1000Base-T port to the front panel (AC only)
Onboard management processor for both Data Plane and Control Plane fabrics
- Control plane supports VLANs, L2 multicast, IGMP snooping, Quality of Service (QoS)
- Spanning Trees, Link Aggregation(LA)
- Jumbo frame support to 9KB
- Supports star and dual-star topologies
- 6U VPX form factor with optional 2LM covers
- Air-cooled, conduction-cooled, and air-flow-thru form factors available