COM-1268 PC104 Gigabit Ethernet Switch
10-Port PC104+ Gigabit Ethernet Switch, Lightly Managed
The COM-1268 is a rugged PC/104+ Gigabit Ethernet switch card equipped with ten (10) triple-speed 10/100/1000Mbps ports for connecting IPv4 and IPv6 compatible computing devices in demanding embedded systems LAN applications. This small form factor Layer 2 switch features an onboard microprocessor for local/remote control and monitoring, Quality of Service (QoS) traffic prioritization, Virtual Local-Area Network (VLAN) trunking, as well as support for Telnet remote management and Rapid Spanning Tree (RSP) redundancy.
Designed for robust performance under high shock/vibe and thermal conditions in space-constrained military / civil applications, the COM-1268 serves as an ideal Commercial-Off-the-Shelf (COTS) solution to enhance situational awareness and IP network centricity. The product is available as a standalone board or integrated into a military-hardened enclosed switch subsystem (DuraNET 1268) or mobile router subsystem (DuraMAR 5915). No additional processor is required to operate the board, and power can be drawn through either the ISA/PCI buses or 2-pin Molex connector (for non-PC104 systems).
The COM-1268 is designed with extended temperature components and comes with thermal heatsink plates to simplify systems integration and conductive cooling. A rugged, impedance-matched backplane-style connector brings out high-speed Gigabit Ethernet signals, along with an RS-232 serial console for CLI management, status LEDs, and zeroization. An out-of-band 10/100 Ethernet port is also available for Web GUI management of port settings. Up to four of the board’s switch ports can support fiber optic connections. If additional port density is desired, any of the GigE ports can serve as a link for cascading multiple switch modules, while an onboard infrared interface supports recognition and management of two stacked COM-1268 boards under the same console interface.
- REQUEST A QUOTE
- COM-1268 Ethernet Switch Datasheet
- Product Notice PCN-1005-01 Last Time Buy Notice
- Manual: 1268 Firmware User Manual v5.0.x
- Manual: COM-1268 Hardware User Manual
- 1268 Firmware Revision History & Compatibility Matrix
- Software: 1268 Firmware Application Code v5.1.0
- Software: 1268 Firmware Bootloader Code v1.1.0
- Software: 1268 Firmware Application Code v5.0.2
- Software: 1268 Firmware Bootloader Code v1.0.1
- Manual: 1268 Firmware User Manual v4.1x
- Software: 1268 Firmware Application Code v4.1f
- Manual: COM-1268 Firmware v5.0.x User Manual
- Manual: 1268 Firmware User Manual v3.9x
- Software: 1268 Firmware Bootloader Code v0.4.a
- Software: eflash.exe Ethernet Update Utility v0.5.a
- Software: 1268 Firmware Initialization Code v0.3.c (see user manual for more info)
You May Also Be Interested in These Documents
|Ports||• Ethernet - 10x Gigabit Ethernet (up to 4 Selectable for Fiber)
• Console - 1x 10/100 Ethernet & 1x RS-232 Serial for Configuration Management
|VLAN||Port-Based and 802.1Q Tagged Virtual Local Area Networks (VLAN), Up to 4096 VLAN IDs|
|QoS/CoS||802.1p Class of Service (CoS)/Quality of Service (Qos) Traffic Prioritization; Packets Switched into Four Traffic Class Queues; Priority Determined by Port, 802.1p Tagged Frames, IPv4 TOS/Diff-Serv, IPv6 TC|
|Redundancy / Fault Tolerance||• Spanning Tree Protocol (STP)
• Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP) - Roadmapped
|Management||• Onboard Microprocessor (No External CPU Required)
• Link Speed, Duplex Mode, Flow Control on Per-Port Basis
• Port Monitoring, Port Mirroring
• RS-232 Console w/ Command Line Interface (CLI)
• Out of Band 10/100 Ethernet Port, HTML Web Browser GUI
• Telnet Server (for remote management CLI over Ethernet port)
Note: Legacy COM-1268 models with firmware prior to version 5.X may not support RSTP, Telnet, Web Server functionality
|Security||• Zeroization / Declassification Support|
|Rugged High Speed Connector||• 3M HSHM Series Connector to Ensure Gigabit Ethernet Data Integrity under Mechanical Stress and Extended Temperature Operation (No onboard RJ-45)|
|Simple Network Installation||Auto-MDI/MDIX, Auto-Negotiation and Speed Auto-Sensing|
|Bus / External Powering||Can be Powered via PC/104 (ISA) bus, PC/104-Plus (PCI) bus or 2-Pin Molex Power Header for External Power Connections|
|Status Indication||Activity, Link and Speed Indicator Signals Brought Out Through Connectors (No Onboard LEDs)|
|COM-1268-12||COM-1268, PC104 10-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch, w/ thermal plates|
|COM-1268-11||COM-1268, PC104 10-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch|
|PRV-1336-02||Breakout Board Set for COM-1268 PC104+ Gigabit Ethernet Switch, RJ-45|
Parvus DuraMAR 5915 MIL-STD Rugged Cisco 5915 Mobile IP Router Subsystem with Integrated Gigabit Ethernet Switch
The Parvus DuraMAR® 5915 is a rugged Commercial-Off the Shelf (COTS) Cisco IOS-managed secure mobile network router integrating Cisco’s 5915 Embedded Services Router (ESR) card in an...
The Parvus® DuraNET 20-10® is a rugged Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) Gigabit Ethernet switch subsystem optimized for Size, Weight, Power and Cost (SwaP-C) sensitive embedded military and...
The Parvus® DuraNET® 30-2020 is an ultra-rugged 19-port Cisco IOS-managed Layer 2+ network switch subsystem integrating Cisco’s ESS 2020 Embedded Services Switch technology with an isolated...
The Parvus SWI-22-10 is a rugged Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) Gigabit Ethernet switch card optimized for size, weight and power (SWaP) sensitive embedded military and civilian computer network...
Contact our sales team today to learn more about our products and services.
Our support team can help answer your questions - contact us today.